Skip to main content

 


The Lady in Red

by Neil Rinaz. GC# 24151, 8th grade

As the leaves retreated in the winter and settled on the sidewalks, the cold, grey fog of monsoon took their place upon the spindly branches. Great globs of icy water fell from the clouds, slowly at first, then pouring down in massive splashes, soaking the leaves and making them gleam in the tiny sliver of light that pushed through the stormy clouds. After a brief gridlock of honking vehicles, the flooded streets were utterly deserted.

All except for one silhouette.

From close enough you could make out that she wore a red dress and was not completely under the protection of her pitch-black umbrella, as though trying to enjoy the rain. The raindrops beat down on her nylon umbrella, creating dull thunk sounds discernible even in the storm. The half-drenched lady walked, almost joyfully, into the cold, grey mist, until gradually, her silhouette diffused into it. She had vanished.


Comments

  1. Telling connected stories, and very nicely!
    Keep at it, it's fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Visit to Imagica Theme Park

  A Visit to Imagica Theme Park by Eva Kumar (29029) Grade 2 My trip to Imagica Theme Park. I went to Imagica with my brother, parents, grandparents, uncle, aunt and cousin. I made friends with a boy named Arjun there. My father told me that I will meet him (Arjun is the son of my father’s friend). Arjun and I went on almost every ride together. We had lots of fun on the rides. One of the memorable rides was a Mr. India ride. I felt like we flew around Imagica. But my favourite ride was Humpty’s Fall. It has a set of seats attached to a huge column. The seats go up high and come back down. I enjoyed the amazing view from the top.   I liked that ride so much that I wish to go there again. There also was a cafe. We had delicious food and refreshing drinks. It was so much fun. When I visit my grandparents’ house again, I would like to go back there. This time, I want to visit the snow park.

Lolly-pop!

  Lolly-pop! by Dhrupad Rishav (19148) 12th grade The baby screeched like an angry parrot...