Skip to main content

Childhood Innocence by Pranav Satish

 


Childhood Innocence

By Pranav Satish (21170) 11G

One day back then in the good old days when I was nine and the world was full of every imaginable kind of magnificent...

, and life was still a delightful and mysterious dream, a movie called Star Wars had convinced me that space was the most interesting place, having all kinds of creatures and imaginary beings. I was determined to be an astronaut, protecting the Earth from aliens.

One day, the door ball rang, ding-dong-ding. Then entered my delighted father holding a mysterious, transparent, glass globe with an opening at the top. It was strange as it looked like a globe but it did not have any markings on it. When I looked at my father through it I could see my father, and when I looked at my mother through it I could see my mother. My father told that it was a fishbowl, but I looked at it like a space helmet. Once my father was done admiring the bowl, I stuck it into my head. It felt amazing. It felt as if I was about to fight aliens at any time. I grabbed my toys, which were going to be the aliens fighting against me, and sneaked under the bed to create an atmosphere similar to space, then I started replicating the story line of the movie, Star Wars.

After sometime, my mum called out to me, but, as I had stuck a fishbowl onto my head, I was not able to hear her. She started searching in every room, but she was not able to find me. She then started panicking, and immediately called my father and asked him to come home, informing him that I was missing. My father literally raced through the traffic, and reached home in record time. They called the neighbours to check if I was at their house, called my relatives, and went searching for me throughout the colony.

                   When my parents returned home, my mother weeping and my father consoling her, all the neighbourhood trying to reassure my mother that they would find me.

I silently crept out from under the bed when I was done living my ‘Star Wars’ life. When I stepped out of the room, the atmosphere was tense and uneasy, many muffled voices running across my ears. Someone said, ”He must have gone one of his friend’s houses”. The other said, “He is kidnapped!” I was confused, then I saw my mother sitting on the ground and my father consoling her. I was totally terrified, I slowly made my way through the crowd and asked my mother, “What happened Mama?”

                     When she saw me, her eyes filled with tears, a wave of happiness spread across her face, and then she hugged me for the longest time. I could feel her tears dampening my shirt, as she called out my name with sheer motherly love. I still could not understand what had happened. But my mother’s tender love and warmth, made me feel cosy and I fell asleep in the most comfortable and soft billow of clouds I could ever imagine.

Now, when I recall that incident, my whole family laughs. My parents had searched the whole colony, but I was in my own house playing under the bed. For me, it is perfect example for childhood innocence and one of the most beautiful memories of my life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Visit to Imagica Theme Park

  A Visit to Imagica Theme Park by Eva Kumar (29029) Grade 2 My trip to Imagica Theme Park. I went to Imagica with my brother, parents, grandparents, uncle, aunt and cousin. I made friends with a boy named Arjun there. My father told me that I will meet him (Arjun is the son of my father’s friend). Arjun and I went on almost every ride together. We had lots of fun on the rides. One of the memorable rides was a Mr. India ride. I felt like we flew around Imagica. But my favourite ride was Humpty’s Fall. It has a set of seats attached to a huge column. The seats go up high and come back down. I enjoyed the amazing view from the top.   I liked that ride so much that I wish to go there again. There also was a cafe. We had delicious food and refreshing drinks. It was so much fun. When I visit my grandparents’ house again, I would like to go back there. This time, I want to visit the snow park.
  The Lady in Red by Neil Rinaz.  GC# 24151, 8th grade As the leaves retreated in the winter and settled on the sidewalks, the cold, grey fog of monsoon took their place upon the spindly branches. Great globs of icy water fell from the clouds, slowly at first, then pouring down in massive splashes, soaking the leaves and making them gleam in the tiny sliver of light that pushed through the stormy clouds. After a brief gridlock of honking vehicles, the flooded streets were utterly deserted. All except for one silhouette. From close enough you could make out that she wore a red dress and was not completely under the protection of her pitch-black umbrella, as though trying to enjoy the rain. The raindrops beat down on her nylon umbrella, creating dull thunk sounds discernible even in the storm. The half-drenched lady walked, almost joyfully, into the cold, grey mist, until gradually, her silhouette diffused into it. She had vanished.

Lolly-pop!

  Lolly-pop! by Dhrupad Rishav (19148) 12th grade The baby screeched like an angry parrot...